Foodservice Equipment International Pty Limited ACN 003 429 605 (FEI, we, us or our) recognises the importance of protecting your privacy.
What personal information do we collect and why?
The kinds of personal information that we may collect include your name, address, email address, telephone numbers, gender, date of birth, occupation, as well as other information that is relevant to our function or activities.
We usually collect personal information from sales data, website traffic and other relevant sources.
We only collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for purposes related to our function or activities, including:
• to provide you with information or assistance that you request from us;
• to provide you with products or services, including warranty services in respect of products you purchase from us;
• where relevant to the provision of products or services to you;
• to notify you about changes to our products and services;
• to improve the quality of our products and services;
• to identify your purchase history with us;
• to inform you about special offers or promotions by us; and
• for other purposes of interest to our customers.
If we do not collect this personal information from you, we may not be able to provide you with the products, services or assistance that you request.
If we use your personal information for the purposes of direct marketing, we will give you the opportunity to request that your information not be used for future direct marketing.
Sensitive information will only be collected about you with your consent or as otherwise permitted by law.
How do we hold, use and disclose personal information?
We hold your personal information in a secure database or as physical records. In either case, we implement and maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards and security measures which are reasonably designed to protect your personal information. We may also hold electronic copies of documents containing personal information in a secure database.
We may disclose your personal information to the following third parties:
• our staff for the purposes of their work responsibilities;
• suppliers or commercial partners of FEI for promotional purposes; and
• third parties engaged by us to perform functions on our behalf.
In addition, we are permitted to use or disclose your personal information:
• where you have consented to the use or disclosure; or
• otherwise as specifically provided for by the Privacy Act.
We have security measures in place to attempt to protect your personal information that we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. However, we will not be responsible for any breach of security caused by third parties.
We take steps to de-identify or securely destroy personal information when it is no longer required.
Accessing and correcting personal information held by us
You may access the personal information we hold about you, and you may make or seek changes to that information, by contacting us by using the Privacy Officer contact details set out below.
If we do not agree to provide access to your personal information or to allow you to amend or annotate the information we hold about you, you may seek a review of our decision.
Cookies are data that a website transfers to an individual’s hard drive for record-keeping purposes. Cookies, including those used by our website, can facilitate a user’s ongoing access to and use of a site. They allow us to customise our website to your needs.
You may make a complaint about an alleged breach by us of the Privacy Act in relation to our handling of your personal information. Your complaint should be in writing and provided to us using the Privacy Officer contact details set out below.
We will endeavour to respond to a complaint within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with our response to a complaint, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner.
How to contact us
Att: Privacy Officer
Foodservice Equipment International Pty Ltd
5/107 Carnarvon St
Silverwater NSW 2128
+61 2 9748 3111